Pages


Sunday, April 1, 2012

Does This Thing Have Training Wheels?

      I figured out how to make one and how to post, but now what? Where are my blog's training wheels? I need a crash course, so maybe I don't need training wheels. Perhaps I should just get on and ride, pretending my mom is running along behind me holding onto the seat, waiting for the perfect moment to let go....when I say I am ready.

     Every time I am around my writing friends, they insist that blogging is great for improving writing skills, building internet presence, and increasing self discipline. I know they are right, and that it is good for me. Tight writing, and the improvement that comes with posting regularly hopefully develops into my writing.

     What worries me most is that I never easily learn anything. When I learned to load the dishwasher, the entire kitchen was foot deep in suds. While laundering our family's clothes, I flooded the basement.....twice. My first two weeks of cooking for work, the stove caught fire twice. Nothing I manage to do comes without massive effort, and loads of mistakes.

     Surely those mistakes cause most of my fears about blogging. Please forgive my slip ups while I learn what in the world I am doing, and I will do my best to blog with honesty and integrity. I will write to encourage and uplift. I have flood insurance, a fire extinguisher, and my helmet is tightly fastened. Let the journey begin!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment