Pages


Friday, June 1, 2012

Treasures in the Trash

     Today I combed through several bags of garbage, desperately searching for the diamond solitaire that fell out of my wedding ring. As I shook out each piece of trash, my heart sunk and my head ached. I prayed I would find the diamond, and retraced every step. The amazing security people at Target even took apart shelves to look for my tiny treasure.

     Sitting on the sidewalk in a pile of daycare trash, I considered the  parallels to life. Lots of trash happens in our lives. It's up to us to pick through and find the treasures among the half eaten sandwiches and dirty diapers. Sometimes the garbage can be overwhelming, causing us to lose focus and forget that there is any good to find.

     Though I have yet to find my diamond, there is something good in the trash and I will not stop looking for it. Have you ever found something important in your trash?

     "Suppose a woman has ten silver coins and loses one. Does she not light a lamp, sweep the house and search carefully until she finds it?" Luke 15:8
      

No comments:

Post a Comment